Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Portraits

A few times a week I pass this location. In fact, I pass by a few times a day depending on how much running around I have to do when I am not in the studio. It has been about 2 years now since I have seen this composition. Today, (image on the left) the window was open and the curtain was knotted. I passed by saying “today is the day I make the photograph.” So, I ran and grabbed my camera and went back and spoke with the barber shop owner. Delighted, he took a seat and posed as how he can be found sitting on most days. 

CSC_0232 DSC_0231-2

It may have taken two years for the right moment to happen. But it is an image that I have not forgotten about. There is a moral to this article, never forget about the simple compositions and if you see the right moment, do not pass up on it. After 2 years I am finally satisfied with having made this photograph.

No comments: