Monday, June 23, 2008

Is it possible to shoot in bad weather?

Is it possible to shoot in bad weather? Well, yeah of course. How else would photographers get some awesome photographs. Whether your a Fine Arts Photographer all the way down to a Portrait Photographer your work can be impacted by the weather.

We have been getting pounded with thunderstorms and flash floods with torrential down pour. This has been making it almost impossible to complete my project in a timely manner. Basically I can not do any work involved in this project. I am left sitting here almost useless. At the same time I am almost positive that my client fully understands that I have no control over the weather and that we both have to just suck it up and deal. Not that I want to do that. The sooner I complete this project the sooner I can move forward to the next project.


This is basically what I have seen over the past two weeks. I cant remember a time in the past 20 something years when we have had as many thunderstorms as this year. I shot this when we first started to get dumped on by thunderstorms. It was pretty thrilling to capture this shot. It was my first successful attempt at photographing lightening.

No comments: