Monday, June 30, 2008

Current Affairs


Someone showed me a very moving blog today while I was at work. It contained some very powerful and compositionally outstanding photographs made during the wild fires in California. If I can get the link I will make another post giving the link, because I think everyone should see just how outstanding these photographs were.

I decided to post one of the photographs I made back in the March. I was heading to class when I got a text saying an 18 wheeler gasoline truck went off the highway. I didn't hesitate one bit in ditching class. I got a few more texts telling me where the accident was. I didn't have my camera with me so I had to fly home to get it. The entire way home I tried to figure the best possible place to get to the accident. In order to get shots like these, I had to run a mile down some train tracks and ended up getting within 50 yards or so of the explosion. It was a pretty sorrow moment taking pictures of a scene that claimed the life of a person.

Here is a link to a website that currently holds my photos in archive. I was able to get the photos I shot online through http://www.masslive.com
I was about 40 minutes late in getting there or I would have managed to sell some photos to the Union News. (our Local news paper)

http://blog.masslive.com/localbuzz/2008/03/photos_
tanker_fire_in_chicopee.html

If I could, I would have flown to California to photograph the fires.


-Fin-

No comments: