Thursday, July 30, 2009

Annie Leibovitz being sued and some Nikon News


Annie Leibovitz: This past year has not been a very good year for Annie Leibovitz. I wrote a post back in the winter about how shes has hit serious financial turmoil. This was the second of two posts I wrote about her in the past year. Leibovitz makes more news Leibovitz made a bold move this year by selling off the rights to her work past, present and future. Now she is making more headline news in PDN PDN one of my favorite photo publications has a news article that discusses the Lawsuite involving Leibovitz. I truly feel bad for Annie. Over the past few years she has been dealt her share of misfortune. Now, things are harder than ever for the American iconic photographer. I have always been inspired by her work, photographs, and her life story. I watched a documentary this past year that showcases her entire life. From the begining of her career as a photographer and her days of shooting Rolling Stone up until the last book she published, I have been moved by her sucess. Now that she has hit these issues, I feel a little less than insipired. I can only hope that she will recover from these hardships.


Nikon News:
Nikon releases new cameras.

-Nikon D3000
-Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II
-Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II


As a Nikon user, I know that both of these cameras have the ability to make some great images. I always look forward to seeing what Nikon is putting out for cameras and lenes. If I was to suggest a camera to an amature, I would suggest the D3000. If I was to suggest a camera for a more advanced user, someone who knows their way around a DSLR, I would suggest the D300S. I have used the D300 and have seen some great results with it, so the D300s being a newer version only means that the cameras capabilities and features are stronger. Check them out!

No comments: