Thursday, February 5, 2009

Francesca Woodman: Young Photographers Vision.

After showing some of my personal projects to a few people today, I was introduced to the work of Fracesca Woodman. The photographs I showed reminded the person viewing them of her work. There were qualities in my photographs that were indirectly reminiscent of the young artists work. My project differs more ways than it compares to her work. But the aesthetic look and subject matter had some small similarities to them. I found her work to be captivating and intriguing.

Francesca Woodman was born in 1958. Her black and white photographs, mainly consisting of herself and female models, still today commands a lot of attention. Francesca ended her life at age 22 when she commited suicide. Her photographs recieved and still do receive a great deal of attention.



No comments: