Monday, February 23, 2009

Toys: A photographers dream.

I have always had a passion for certain cameras. One camera in particular that has stole my heart and grasped my attention is the Hasselblad 501CM. This camera is the Ferrari of Medium Format cameras. In recent years, Hasselblad cameras have become adept to the technological changes the medium is gone through. This particular camera has a film back. However, you can purchase a digital back that can fit on the body. I do not know the exact amount for the film back, but I can tell you this, it is just as expensive as your car.

Hasselblad 501CM

Here I am being seen using one of the these precious pieces of happiness.

Jeff playing with a hassalblad 002

2 comments:

Tony said...

I believe that's what my sister (who mostly favors portrait photography and develops her own film) bought a few years ago. It was expensive; over two grand for a used one I think...

Jeffrey Byrnes said...

That price range sounds accurate for what this camera is worth. Still a great camera though...