Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sigma DP2 and more...

Sigma just released an update to their DP1. The Sigma DP2 boasts a 14 Megapixel FOVEON X3 Image Sensor, 4.6 Megapixel Image, 41mm f/2.8 Lens, 2.5" LCD Display, Records JPEG & RAW Files, Built-in Flash & Hot Shoe, and a True II' Image Processor. What makes this little camera so special? Well it is very comparable to DSLRs in the sense that it's quality can be closely matched. This is the kind of camera I would carry for when I want to leave my big, honkin, DSLR at home.
I have not yet gone and played with one, but I am considering it. I very much like the design of this particular camera. Though I am a fan and devoted Nikon user, this is a camera I would like to add to the collection. The DP2 sits in the same class as the Leica D-Lux 4, which is impressive because as we all know, Leica is a renowned brand of cameras.









I know a few photographers that used the Leica and swear by the quality. Both the Leica and the Sigma DP2 are great cameras. You can read a lengthy reviwe od the DP2 at The Online Photographer.



























How to Conserving Batter Power


Is our economy in that bad of shape that photographers have to worry about saving battery power? Nooo not at all! Sure we are in some financial hardships but that doesnt mean photographers are forced to take drastic steps. In fact reading this article I found will just give you a few helpful tips on what to do when your battery is going low. Its a way of conserving power for when you might need it the most, say during a long shoot, perhaps a long day of shooting weddings, or some landscapes, or maybe even the cute girl you've been dating who finally decided to let you make a few portraits of her. Whatever it be, The Digital Photography School article will give you a few useful tips on how to save that power for when you need it.


New Photo Blog

I say new photo blog, but its not really new at all. Infact this blog has been around since 2006. I call it new because to me it is a new find. I am sharing a link to a post that was made on New York Daily Photo The photo that is in this post is a reminescent scene that I had seen almost daily when I was staying in Cambridge, Ma a few months back. I loved seeing people selling books ont he side of the street. I often stopped to see if there was that one book that would interest me so much that I had to have it. I never really found that many intersting books in the sea of liteature. I would scour the tables looking for photography books of any sorts. I never did find one. However, I am glad that I found this blog. I truly love New York City. Further more, I love shooting in New York.
















No comments: