Thursday, August 14, 2008

Miksang

I was searching Reference.com and came across something in photography that I have never heard of before. It is called Miksang.


http://http//www.miksang.org/m/index.html


"Miksang is a Tibetan word meaning "Good Eye" and represents a form of contemplative photography based on the Dharma Art teachings of Chögyam Trungpa, in which the eye is in synchronisation with the contemplative mind. The result of this particular perception of the world, combined with photography, produces a peculiar and open way of seeing the world. Miksang pictures tend to bring the observer back into the original contemplation state of the author of the picture. The pictures can bring one back to a purer perception of reality that is often neglected. Miksang involves nothing fancy, no special setup; only a visual capture, in the proper state of mind, of everyday's reality. "




I suggest reading the Tao of Photography. I am not going to explain to much about this book because I feel if I say to much you won't go out and read it. But, the information in this book is very powerful and can give you a new way of seeing the world around you.

No comments: