Thursday, August 21, 2008

More from Northampton

Tuesday after I left the studio I made my way up to Northampton. I walked around for about two hours shooting for my Northampton Project. I would have to say that I made some good photographs.




















Simple Composition














Shooting from the hip










Simple chair still life.
























The woman walking with the cane turned and watched me pass by just after I shot this photo. She gave me a very distressed glance as she slowly made her way to the cross walk. I stopped at the corner of the street and turned back to watch her just stand at the cross walk, afraid to cross. I walked over to her and asked her if she would like someone to cross the street with her. She was very thankful that I stopped to assist her. As we were making our way across the street, a car stopped within less than 5 ft of us. The woman driving looked at us as if we were inconveniencing her by being in the cross walk. That just goes to show you that some people try and be nice while others are just to busy to care about anyone but themselves.

There are always a handful of street performers in Northampton. From guys playing guitars to harmonicas to a guy dressed in a cape banging the bottom of a bucket creating a song just for you as you pass by. But, this particular day there was a man filling the street with the sounds of a piano. I try and never have regrets when I shoot, but I regret getting closer and shooting from the side and from behind. I didn't want to get to close to him and disturb him.







This book store always has at least one book worth buying.










Northampton is a very relaxed and laid back artsy town. It is open to all walks of life. You can find many different ethnicities in Northampton. The sounds of music travel through the air and fill your ears with pleasant sound as you walk through the streets, while the delicious aroma of some fantastic restaurants dances at your nose begging you to stop in for a bite to eat.



This is all I am posting for now. Of course, I will be posting more so don't worry. The seasons are about to change and this means there will be new life on the streets and in the landscape. So make sure you check back to see the new additions to my Northampton Project.

No comments: