Thursday, March 12, 2009

Landscape Photographs: Holyoke’s Hidden Secrets.

When I am not photographing people, I can be found photographing places that have meaning to me. As I was explaining to my friend, as we were walking through the snowy, mud covered trails of Mt. Tom, it is days like this that I almost prefer to shoot in, instead of sunny days. Shooting landscapes for me is a break and a relief from the work I can be found doing on a day to day basis. It is not every day that I have the ability to get out and make a photograph of a foggy tree, or a partially frozen over lake. Taking a break to make a photograph like the ones here, is a visually poetic break from the stress of every day life.

Mt tom resivor 13 Mt tom resivor Mt tom resivor 3 Mt tom resivor 4 Mt tom resivor 5 Mt tom resivor 6 Mt tom resivor 7 Mt tom resivor 8 Mt tom resivor 9 Mt tom resivor 10 Mt tom resivor 11 Mt tom resivor 12

5 comments:

VanDog said...

Wonderful photos Jeff. The melt seemed like a fleeting moment in time this year, but you managed to capture it anyhow. Congrats!

Redtelephone66 said...

Yes, these are beautiful!!

Jeffrey Byrnes said...

Thank you guys. I knew when I woke up that day, that there would be some wonderful conditions to create some amazing photographs. Your comments are graciously appreciated.

Thank you.

Julian! said...

beautiful images jeff, it definitely makes me want to get to know/explore Holyoke.

RonSchuijt said...

this is really a beautifull set of pictures! nice job