Thursday, September 25, 2008

Nikon News

So I turned the tv to have some noise while I work. And a commercial comes on. Ashton K with yet another new camera by Nikon. Nikon now has a touch screen Coolpix S60. This camera is so new that I haven't been able to find a picture on google to show you. So here is the link to the Nikon USA page where the camera is listed.

http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Product/Digital-Camera/26134/COOLPIX-S60.html

Nikon has a slew of new point and shoot digital cameras. These are great cameras to have as a back up or keep in your car for when you don't have a bigger camera (preferably your D-SLR) with you and you need something to just capture a quick picture. Don't be fooled by the name "point and shoot" these cameras can still be used to make some serious photographs when you have nothing else available.

Here is the link to the Nikon USA point and shoot page.

http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Digital-Camera/index.page

Nikon also has a few cameras that I would love to add to my collection. They have a performance line called the Coolpix P series. The Coolpix P50 Starts with an impressive 8 megapixels. A good entry level P series camera. The newest and highest Coolpix, is the P 6000. This camera bosts an impressive 13.5 megapixels. With a price tag of $499 its comparable to the D40x in price but the megapixel rating is higher. But these compact Point and shoot cameras are quite versatile. Don't let the fact they aren't a D-SLR scare you away. The P6000 has the same creative control as the D series Nikons. The major difference between the two is the P series has a fixed lens. Where as the D series cameras can interchange lenses. I am considering purchasing the P6000 as a camera to have on me at all times. Having the P6000 would allow me to keep it in a smaller bag instead of carrying my D-SLR around with me every where I go. Don't get me having my D-SLR with me all the time is great. I would just like to have something smaller for when I know I am not out or in an area where I will be doing heavy shooting.

Keep a look out for more Nikon Product News. As most of you are aware I am a Nikon guy and I like to brag about the great products that they have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's very good time to see all the applications and variety types of digital cameras on your blog. For some more varieties of digi cameras and their reviews from experts visit us at: http://www.testseek.com

Jeffrey Byrnes said...

Thank you for the recommendation on testseek.com I found the site to be very interesting.