Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Holyoke in the snow…

Friday just after the snow began I took a quick drive down Jarvis Ave and parked at Heritage State Park. It was cold and wet and I didn’t have long to photograph the snowfall before my camera would start to freeze up.

Pano of canal

This canal system provided power to numerous factories that once used to thrive here in Holyoke. Now the canal system sits dormant waiting for the chance to once again to be utilized for its ability to generate energy. I, as well as many other photographers and artists  find tremendous compositions lining the canal system.

Pano of High St

This photograph has a good deal distortion in its composition. But, I think it a certain visual element that would other wise seem relatively plain and boring if it wasn’t apparent.

Tree on High St

A silhouetted tree on High St. 

No comments: